Welcome to our website !

DREAMZ ESCAPADE

If you are looking for something fun to see, read and view online, then you have just come to the right place.

The Unholy Matrimony - Chapter 10

By 4:53 AM , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Phoebe read the whole documents carefully and collapsed, no she haven't been wrong for years. This total bullshit, she angrily pushed her thought. Next Hunter told her his previous relationships and everything she had misjudged him and promised that he never did anything to hurt her.
"But you already destroyed me! You destroyed us! You destroyed everything!" he sobbed and collapsed to the floor. People are watching them with cynical view and smirked at them.
"I don't believe this! Tell me you are lying to me!" Phoebe cried.
"This truth that I always wanted to show you," Hunter spoke regretfully.
All the people there left after few moments of hesitation and leaving Phoebe alone in the center of the living room.
That night, Phoebe approached Hunter who was sprawling sadly across the couch to sit next to him, and he backed away, "Stay away from me! You disgusted me. From now on there won't be any husband-wife relationship between us. We are just strangers."
Phoebe put her hand on his shoulder, and he slapped it away, “I had enough of your act, you can just leave me alone!"
Hunter climbed up the stairs ignoring Phoebe & went inside the master bedroom. Phoebe followed him slowly and sat on the bed, looking sad. "Can we talk for a minute?" Phoebe asked slowly.
"I don't have anything to talk with you," he interrupted. He changed into his robe and pajamas, continuing to sat on the bed and rolled himself to the side. Phoebe leaned to him trying to touch his shoulder but he bolt upward with feral eyes gleamed with anger.
"What's wrong," Phoebe asked in confusion.
"There is nothing between us starting now. We may still be married because I won't let you escape easily by divorcing you but I won't treat you like my wife anymore. Its over between us!" he gathered his pillow and sheet, then walked away leaving her along in the empty room.
Following that day, Hunter always returned home late, drunk and sometimes with lipstick marked on his shirt. They were living like strangers in the same house where he continued to ignore her existence. Phoebe had made many attempt to make up with him and worked the relationship out but he still hard to press. He also made few attempts to make her jealous by bringing various women into their bedroom. Their relationship was beyond mending, its severed quite badly and Phoebe regretted all her dumb actions. She started going to church and confessed to the nun there all about her actions and how she could mended back her relationship with her husband.
One day, she returned back to the office where she brought along the press and so on, all that taken part of her plot to eliminate Hunter and confessed. "Listen everyone, I want you all to know that all the gossip and tabloid news written about Hunter is totally wrong. Don't be mad at him, he's nothing like what they mentioned. It’s my fault! I made it up myself!"
The atmosphere full with anger that one of the female workers there who worshiped Hunter as their boss flew towards Phoebe and smacked her across her face hard. She stumbled to the ground. "Whore!" They screamed.
Hunter who just arrived at the office was completely shocked to see his wife sitting on the floor with blood dripping from her lips. "What happened to you?" he asked furiously.
One of the staffs there came forward, "She deserved it. What kind of lady that had a heart to destroy her own husband's life?"
Hunter glanced at him, "You had no right! It’s my choice if I want to punish her or not. Go back to your place now!" he demanded. They left the spot and went back to their place.
Hunter stood back up and helped her to her feet, before he walked past her without a backward glance.
It was raining heavy that evening and Phoebe walked alone by herself, wet. She was cold but nothing could helped mended her broken heart, the way she broken Hunter's heart. She thought of letting herself standing in the path of an oncoming bus, but her death would be for nothing if she did not get his forgiveness. While she lost in her thought, a fast truck rushed directly on her direction and just in that awkward seconds, Phoebe could have lost her life but she was pulled somewhere by someone and both of them stumbled upon each other, she realized it was her husband who saved her life.
"Are you crazy? Trying to get yourself killed?" Hunter spat at her. She broke into tears and sobbed. He was a sucker for crying female. He leaned closer and brought her to his arms.
"I'm sorry. I don't know what to do. I rather die than having you mad at me." Phoebe tilted her face. "At least if I died, I won't bother you anymore again."
"Hunter face softened, "I'm still mad at you but I won't let you died. You still very important in my life!" he said softly.
He lifted her and carried her to his car and headed home.
As they reached home, Hunter helped Phoebe to climb out of the car and carried her inside before slowly dropping her on the couch. "You don't have to do this." She claimed.
"You still my wife. It is my responsibility." he responded.
As Hunter turned around to return to his room, Phoebe stopped him, "Wait, can I ask you something?"
He turned to her, "What is it?" He knew where this conversation was going.
"What about us? Are we still a "we"?" she asked shakily.
Hunter let out a sigh, "I don’t know. It hurt too much. I'm not ready to relive the pain!"
"What are we going to do? I want to fight for us," she sounded determined.
"I'm not sure. Depends." he said. Then there was a long pause.
"I still love you. I want the future that you imagined earlier!" Phoebe approached him and held his hands. They stared at each other for a long time.
"I still, will and always love you. But it still hurt," he admitted. Then he turned away to return upstairs to his room.
Later that night, Phoebe didn't sleep. She sprawled on the couch with her popcorn and soda watching late night matinee. She still sobbing and sometimes she glanced back at the stairs to see if Hunter's awakened.
She stared blankly at the television before she drifted off to sleep just few minutes later.
Hunter went down for a drink and caught Phoebe sprawling on the coach, deep asleep. He pulled the sheet to cover her and kissed her forehead before he headed to the kitchen.
I'm sorry, he said quietly.
The next morning, Phoebe awakened to find the kitchen table all being set up and she also noticed a note hanging on the freezer that said:
Breakfast all was being set. Have a nice day and get a rest. We'll have a long day ahead today. Get ready before tea time; I'm taking you somewhere I've been since I'm a kid.
She poured the hot tea to her cup and had a sip. Delicious as she expected. Who could find a husband who worked all day and came back home to cook? She just considered herself lucky. She smiled the whole way to the living room.
Later that day, her cell phone rang and she picked it up, "Hello angel, how's your day?" Mommy, she thought with a relief.
"Yeah, a bit shaken up but I'm alright...for now," she hinted. Phoebe looked up at the calendar, she totally forgotten it’s her birthday!
"Happy birthday, honey!" Patty cheered along with her dad's voice.

Now she knew, Hunter was going to throw a surprise for her tonight. He still care and love her despite all the things she done to him. She wished she could made up on her mistakes tonight with him.

You Might Also Like

0 comments